On My Needles

Sorry it’s been some time. Struggling with some serious health issues at the moment. As I write these words, I’m wearing a Holter monitor because my heart rate is running cray cray. Nevertheless, I’ve forced myself to knitting and am rediscovering it again. Here you go....

A poncho....

I’ve never knitted one before and I was excited about the prospects. Here is a link to one I found online but I’m sort of doing my own thing with it....as usual. You know I’m not big on patterns.

https://carlyinstitches.wordpress.com/2010/11/08/ponch-mallow/

I’m creating my own version of this.


CO 44 stitches
regular worsted weight yarn 
K4 P4 for twenty rows
then increase your stitch count on the next round by ten stitches
I knit K6 P4 and continued that
Then I increased the stitch size to K8 P4
and continued for there. 
At row 24, I started regular increases until row 30 where I just continued to knit in the round. 
Then I am knitting Purl Bumps for decoration  for the rest of the poncho. I’ll let you know how it finishes....with pictures. Stay tuned.






Comments

Popular Posts