Knit Socks Edition 2017-2018

These were made out of blue silk. Wonderful socks and so comfortable. I can’t remember the name of this yarn but it was expensive and I believe that ROWAN yarns made this.

 Making a pair of socks. These were special because I didn’t have any  mistakes with this one. I had such a hard time with knitting socks in the beginning but now....oooh I’m having fun.
Here are my socks before they are closed up...

Here is the finished version.

These aren’t actually socks but I Love them so much, I wanted to show them.


Here is another pair of socks, with my Snoopy Wheelchair in the background. Just finished the heel flap, the hardest part for me. Actually picking up the stitches next is hard for me as well, but I’ve gotten a heck of a lot better. 


Here is the finished product! I love these socks. These tweed like socks are probably amongst my favorite pair that I’ve made for myself. They are error free! LOL

Another shot.


I got an idea to try and do some intarsia knitting with the socks that I was making for my daughter. She has them and I haven’t seen these in two years. 



Here they are in there splendor and glamour!


MY daughter wanted some socks. As always. So, she wanted me to make stripes after she saw a pair that i just knit. I didn’t feel like doing tiny stripes so I decided to do something that were ridiculously wide. She liked them but I must say that I havent seen these socks in forever. She claims she has them, but they were incredibly comfortable. 

She likes mismatched socks. She hasn’t worn a pair of matched socks in years. Maybe she was 8 years old so this was deliberate on my behalf. She liked the end result.


I made these socks next but she was just okay with the design. They were simple and the colors complemented each other nicely.


These were the socks that my daughter wanted so badly. I kept them for myself. I liked these a lot. I was having a hard time with making a long enough heel flap so that the socks would slide down a bit. These socks were a pair that actually fit perfectly and I stuck with this design and I stuck with this pattern.


I wanted a nice pair of socks but I love cables. Cables. cables. Cables. I found some thin yarn and some thin needles. I did my first cabled socks in the world. I loved the results.


My basket of deplorable socks that I made in 2018




These just came off the needles just yesterday! I’m working on the other sock as we speak right now.


Another look....


Sonya’s Simple Socks

Knit 48 (16-16-16)
Knit K2 P2 for twenty rows
Knit 30 more rows in whatever pattern you wish.

Then, slip the stitches for the Heel Flap (24) 
Knit 16 rows

Then knit the Heel Turn...

Then knit for  the length of the foot.

Close the toe with...

K1, K2TOG, Knit until the last three stitches then K2TOG, K1

Do this on every needle until you reach the end.

:D


Look at that TOE! Not in focus but it’s fun to make! I love this simple sock pattern! It works totally.

Comments

Popular Posts