Post Hospital Knitting with BabyGirl Knits

So I’ve been really sick guys. 
I have lupus and it drives me nuts. It put me in a wheelchair and leaves me to fight for my life at times. But knitting has been an outlet for me in times of pain. 
I was in a lot of pain yesterday and I was determined to knit a pair of socks. 

Since my discovery of sock knitting and how wonderful it can be, I find myself obsessed with sock patterns and fingering weight yarns. However, I have dabbled in some worsted weight yarn for socks. They do make a hearty sock, thick for the winter but not every practical for shoes. Since I don’t wear too many shoes, this works fine for me. 


Here Arthur the Teddy Monkey is sitting in the waiting room of the hospital. I was sure they were going to admit me so I brought him. I knit his sweater and shoes. The sweater is knit in two pieces and joined together near the yoke. It was easy to do with some fair isle pattern that is at the top and middle of the sweater. 


So I knew that I would be admitted. I was taken to Telemetry. Here I am showcasing one of my favorite blankets. Next to socks, I love knitting blankets as well because it is one of the best things you can make for someone that you love. Literally you can never have too many blankets. They are a wonderful gift for people. Here I’ve done the blanket in stockinette stitch so that I could do intarsia hearts in different colors with Purl ridges every thirty or so rows. I got a lot of compliments. It’s one of my favorite blankets. I want to knit another one for my daughter. I will have a lot to do for Xmas this year.


Hospital waffles. They weren’t too bad. But they were hot and that’s what counts. Morning time in the hospital right as they bring breakfast is the best time for me. It’s a bit quiet and I turn off the lights. I like to sleep or read during this time. 


Getting out the hospital, my fingers were itching for some needles. I had some luscious  KnitPicks yarn that was just dying to be knit into a lovely pair of anklet socks. I knew that I wasn’t going to have a lot with one skein but I did know that I could knit a pair of anklets. Tweed looking socks just look so distinguished. 


With a pattern in my head, I knit these 16-16-16 on all needles with US 2.5MM needles from KnitPicks. I believe this color is Stroll Tweed Barn Door Heather fingering weight. 65% Superwash Merino Wool 25% Nylon 10% Donegal Tweed are the specs on this yarn and it was just lovely to knit. I love the “stretch” in the yarn as I knit with this high quality yarn. It knits so much better than acrylic yarn and it knits beautifully. Such a great looking stitch! Here, I’m ready for the instep....the boring part to me. I like doing Heel turns now...I used to run from that. Now I openly embrace a heel turn. Color me strange. 

One sock down and one more to go. I am so in love with my sock that I can’t wait to get the other finished. As you can see, I am ready to finish the next one.


A closer look.


See that yarn in the background? Yeah I’m contemplating another pair of socks. 



Finished!!! How wonderful they feel! These are the best fit too! It gets no better folks than Stroll Tweed from KnitPicks! I literally can’t get enough of this yarn. Seriously.

Awww....Match made in heaven. Feet and socks go well together...especially freshly knit socks off the needle. It’s all about the small comforts in life....Yep. Living as well as I can with double pneumonia and a thyroid that is going nuts. 

Comments

Popular Posts